Life has felt insane. I thought that life was out of control before our wedding, and all I wanted was rest.
It’s been over three months and I’m not sure where the time has gone. Our honeymoon felt like a nice slice of peace but as soon as we got back, life wept us back into it’s chaotic whirlwind.
The other day, Chris said to me:
"Where's the lazy summer I was promised?"
Tell me about it.
But it's a been beautiful and fun whirlwind, and it's not stopping yet.
What I've been up to
- Honeymoon In CALI! Maybe this trip will get a post of it’s own soon, because it was delightful and wonderful and we ate so many good things.
- I planted a garden which we now affectionally call our Food Forest. Seriously, y’all, it’s a jungle out there.
- I visited Montana to spend time with BFF Cara before her wedding! I think it was my first official time in MT and I’m already planning when I can go back and get to Glacier National Park. (All the heart eyes.)
- Cara’s Wedding! I had the pleasure of being the maid-of-honor and we had a full wedding weekend/palooza/festival! I got to help host her bridal shower and designed a DIY flower crown station AND a teepee. And I may have realized that I either want to plan events more or just be a professional Maid-of-Honor. Either way, hire me?
- We finally finished Avatar: The Last Airbender and can I just recommend that you stop what you’re doing and go watch it right now. And before you laugh at me, just give it a chance. It’s the best. (Insert crying emoji here.)
- More weddings! We hit up Indy to shoot a wedding and hang out with some people we love. We also got to eat Mediterranean food and lots of donuts and a breakfast gyro?! Just a win in my book.
- Trying to get into the groove of this married life thing. We're finally falling into a routine and it feels good. We recently said to each other, "It feels like life has been like this all along."
- Seeds conference! All I can say is that I’m so thankful for leaders who are honest, vulnerable, and transparent.
WHAT'S UP NEXT
- I've been writing A LOT. Look for more words coming at ya, because I just have to release them. I feel like writing took a back burner in the midst of a crazy season. I'm happy to be back and I'm ready to share. (If you want to stay up to date, you can sign up for the email newsletter here.)
- We have 3 more weddings to go to this year!
- I'm gearing up for the Yellow Conference next week in LA! I went for the first time last year and I fell in love with the community. They always create such a beautiful, feel-good atmosphere. If you want to experience it from afar, follow along on my Instagram next week!
- Our travels will be taking us to Chicago and NYC this fall. (Heart eyes again.) I bought Chris Hamilton tickets for Chicago and we're planing on seeing another musical in NYC. Any suggestions?
- Also, call me crazy but I'm working on a website project. Again. I freaking love it and I can't wait to show you (in the next few days?!).